In the wake of WTO and highly diverse micro-farming situations present in the state, the role of electronic media to educate the farmers on efficient use of input in sustainable and export oriented agriculture, post-harvest handling, market information etc., an Electronic Media Wing was established during 2001 by redeployingMultidisciplinary Scientists to promote e-extension.
- Content generation
- Script Writing
- Story board preparation
- Identification of resource persons
- Selection of site for recording
Electronic Wing is entrusted to develop interactive CDs on different crops on seed to seed concept and developed CDs on Rice, Cotton, pulses, Mango, SRI, Groundnut, Castor, Millets, Sugarcane, and Agricultural Implements etc. Electronic Wing also produced theme songs for Rythu Chaitanya Yatra(RCY).
- Innovative farm telecast "RythuMitra": The Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University in collaboration with the Dept. of Agriculture, Govt. of A.P has launched an innovative farm telecast programme "RythuMitra" through TEJA Channel w.e.f. 6.8.2001. The programme is daily for one hour between 6.00 - 7.00 PM. 6.00 - 6.30 PM pre-recorded (canned) programmes usually three programmes, 10 min. each, one each on agriculture, horticulture and animal sciences/allied fields.
- Pasidipantalu (Doordarshan): on Wednesday and Friday, Pasidipantalu Phone in-Live programme on agriculture and allied subjects is being organized by Doordarshan in which a scientist from the university will answer the questions asked by the farmers on a pre-informed topic for the day from 6.00-6.55 PM.
- Annapurna (TV5): the phone in live programme was initiated in September, 2009 as part of Annapurna programme of TV5. The programme will run for three days in a month on first three Thursdays on agriculture and allied subjects in which a scientist from the university will answer the questions asked by the farmers on a pre-informed topic of the day, from 5.30 to 6.00 PM.
- AnnadataVelugubata (ETv): Recorded programmes has been sent for telecast in ETV as part of AnnadataVelugubataProgramme twice a week i.e., Tuesday and Friday from 2nd October 1998.
Under distance education programme, ANGRAU will identify and depute scientist for Radio Talks under `VYAVASAYA PATHASALA [Farm School on AIR] on every Monday at 7.15 PM. for a duration of 30 minutes from All India Radio, Vijayawada for the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Farming community has been alerted on weekly about the measures to be taken up in different crops through Sagubadi Column of Sakshi daily probably on every Monday and other days of that week. It has been in practice since September 2014
- From 2017 onwards another largest circulated daily of Andhra Pradesh i.e, AndhraJyothy also started publishing cover the weekly advisory in their daily for the benefit of farming community of Andhra Pradesh.
- From 2017 onwards other largest circulated daily of Andhra Pradesh i.e, Eenadu also expressed willingness to cover the weekly advisory in their daily for the benefit of farming community of Andhra Pradesh.
- An innovative e-extension, first time by any SAU in the country
- Wide and fast reach with enhanced quality of learning and least dissemination losses.
- Strengthened R-E-F Linkages
- Interactive distance learning with expert extension
- Producing more than 500 programmes a year.
- Developed expertise in producing agricultural programmes and VCD's.
- All the Scientists of the University are being utilized as experts.