In the wake of WTO and highly diverse microfarminng situations
present in the state, the role of electronic media to educate the
farmers on efficient use of input in sustainable and export
oriented agriculture, post harvest handling, market information
ect., an Electronis Media Wing was established during 2001 by
redeploing Five Multidisciplanary Scientists to promote
- Content generation
- Script Writing
- Story board preparation
- Identification of resource persons
- Selection of site for recording
Electronic Wing is entrusted to develop interactive CDs on
different crops on seed to seed concept and developed CDs on Rice,
Cotton, pulses, Mango, SRI, Groundnut, castor and wooly aphid in
The Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University in collaboration
with the Dept. of Agriculture, Govt. of A.P has launched an
innovative farm telecast programme "Rythu Mitra" through TEJA
Channel w.e.f. 6.8.2001. The programme is daily for one hour
between 6.00 - 7.00 PM. 6.00 - 6.30 PM pre-recorded (canned)
programmes usually three programmes, 10 min. each, one each on
agriculture, horticulture and animal sciences/allied fields.
- 6.30-6.35 PM forecast of weather, pest and Diseases,
Agricultural problems in the state and action plans.
- 6.35-7.00PM Live phone-in-programme farmer-scientist
interaction, two way audio-one way video.
- Telecasting 2 programmes in a week (Tuesday and Friday) under
Annadata Velugubata on E-TV Channel as distance learning.
Arranging live phone-in on DD sending recording programmes to
- An innovative e-extension, first time by any SAU in the
- Wide and fast reach with enhanced quality of learning and least
- Strengthened R-E-F Linkages
- Interactive distance learning with expert extension
- Producing more than 500 programmes a year.
- Developed expertise in producing agricultural programmes and
- All the Scientists of the University are being utilized as