- Development of IPM strategies for damping off in nurseries of
tomato, Sclerotial wilt of chillies, dry root rot of mungbean,
Fusarium wilt of safflower and dry root rot of sesame.
- Development of IPM strategies for management of pests in
cotton, rice, coconut, castor, redgram and sugarcane.
- Stem application with monocrotophos/imidacloprid in cotton
alone is estimated to account for a saving of Rs.80 crores per year
in the state.
- Release of Gallmidge and BPH resistant varieties remained as
land marks in the rice research of the University.
- Development of variety resistant to blast in rice, powdery
mildew in black gram, whitefly in cotton, red rot in sugarcane and
rust in safflower.
- Developed and recommended plant protection schedules for
important pests and diseases.
- Development of root feeding technique for the control of black
headed caterpillar and red palm weevil.