Admission To Indian Students:
The University offers various Under Graduate degree courses in the faculties of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering & Technology and Community Science at its constituent colleges in State of Andhra Pradesh with Head Quarters at Lam, Guntur. The medium of instruction for all the Under Graduate Courses in English.
Duration of the Programmes : Min : 4 Years , Max : 7 Years (from the data of Admission)
Criteria for admission: The students are admitted into all U.G courses except B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science based on their performance in the state level Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) conducted during the year of admission by the AP Sate Council of Higher Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh. In case of B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science, the eligibility criteria is a pass in two year intermediate Examination either M.P.C. or Bi.P.C. Candidates holding three years Diploma in Home Science are also eligible. The University shall invite applications from eligible candidates through notification in some of the leading news papers generally in the month of June (G.O.Ms.No.184, dated 20-08-1993 of Education (E.C.2) Department).
Age: The candidates for admission into First Year Under Graduate courses in the University shall be required to have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission with an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates, 25 years in case of SC and ST candidates and 27 years for Physically challenged.
The eligible candidates shall be required to attend counseling in person perusing as per the notification in the News papers and be admitted to different U.G Programmes depending on their individual merit as determined by the rank' obtained in EAMCET following the presidential order (Regional allotment), the rule of reservation as per orders of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Reservation of Seats
Allocation of seats in favour of local candidates in relation to Local Area:
Out of total intake, 15% of seats shall be Un- reserved (UR). For these seats any candidate from AU/SVU region can compete with intermediate marks of A.P. Candidates from Osmania University (OU) region (Telangana State), also are eligible to compete for these seats with intermediate marks of Telangana State.
Admission to 85% of the seats, the seats shall be allocated in of 42 : 22 ratio in Andhra University and Sri Venkateswara University, respectively among the candidates in relation to local area.
Backwad Classes (BC) : 29% of seats are reserved under this category. ( BC-A -7%; BC-B – 10%; BC-C – 1%: BC-D – 7%; BC-E– 4 % ).
Scheduled Caste (SC) : 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) : 06%
- Defence Personnel (CAP) - 2%
- National Cadet Corps. (NCC) - 1%
- Games & Sports - 0.5%
- Differentially Abled (PH) - 3%
- 1% for Visually Handicapped
- 1% for Hearing Impaired
- 1% for Orthopedically Handicapped
Reservation of Seats for Women : In each course, 331/3 % of the seats shall be reserved in favour of women candidates from each category. (G.O.Ms. No. 75 / Edn., dated 13-3-1996 of Govt. of A.P.)
Reservations for the candidates coming from families of Agriculturists cum Rural area:
- Forty (40) per cent of the seats in B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering), and B.Tech. (Food Technology) courses are reserved for candidates coming from families of Agriculturists actually engaged in agriculture and owning not less than 1 acre of land and who have studied for a minimum of 4 years in schools located in Non-Municipal areas.
- Candidates seeking admission under this category shall produce (i) a certificate in Form - I of application containing patta numbers and extent of land obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Mandal Revenue Officer of the Mandal Concerned or a certificate copy of Pattadar Pass Book issued by the Mandal Revenue Officer and (ii) also a Certificate in Form – II of Application from the Heads of Institutions that the candidate has studied for a minimum period of four years in Schools located in Non-Municipal areas during their period of study from 1st class to 12th class ( or Intermediate).
- Form - I and Form - II need to be filled in with the signatures of concerned officials viz., Mandal Revenue Officer / Tahsildar and concerned Head of Institution, respectively, along with office seal. Otherwise, the claim of the candidates under this category will be summarily rejected.
Admission To Foreign Students
The University encourages foreign students to seek admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate degree Programmes. Their application for admission should be routed through the Asst. Director General (HRD-II), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi- 110012.
The application should include complete details of academic record indicating courses studied, grades obtained, medium of instruction and research work conducted for the submission of a thesis/dissertation (incase of candidates seeking admission to postgraduate degree programmes only). The applications thus received are scrutinized and evaluated by the concerned department (faculty head) to determine the eligibility of the candidate for admission.
Students applying for admission to Ph.D degree programme, should obtain a valid Research Visa from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
The fee payable by foreign Students admitted to Any UG or PG degree programme should pay institutional fee of US $ 4000 / US$2000 for SAARC Countries annually in addition to the normal fees payable by the Indian Students.
Excellent amenities are available for foreign students like International Hostel, Internet Facility, Digital Library etc.
THE INTAKE OF SEATS VARIOUS UNDER GRADUATE COURSES IN ANGRAU
B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture
B.Sc.(Hons.) Community Science
Note (i): ICAR quota: 15% seats on total intake will be filled by ICAR through All India Entrance Examination.
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture:
(i) 20% Supernumerary seats on total intake for candidates with Diploma in Agriculture / Seed Technology / Organic Farming through AGRICET.
(ii) A total 6% of seats are allotted to in-service candidates, out of which 5% are allotted to in-service AEOs from Agriculture Department and 1% for AEOs working in the University.
B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering): 15% Supernumerary seats on total intake will be allotted to candidates with Diploma in Agricultural Engineering and Technology through AGRIENGGCET.
B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science: 10% Supernumerary seats on total intake will be allotted to candidates with three years Diploma in Home Science.
Evaluation of student, examinations and grades
- The evaluation of the student in a course shall be based on his/her performance in various kinds of exanimations, records, class work and other types of exercises.
- The detailed course outlines in each course shall be prepared by the concerned teacher (S) in consultation with the University Head of the Department/Head of the Department, which will be made available to the students during the first week of the semester. A schedule of the mid-semester examinations of the academic programme shall be prepared by the Associate Dean and notified to the students at the beginning of each semester.
- In affiliated colleges, the mid-semester examination in each course shall be conducted by the University.
- Answer scripts of mid-semester examinations shall be evaluated by the concerned course teacher ( in affiliated colleges also) and shall be shown to the students. The students shall have the option to request the teacher for clarification of any doubts in scoring, provided that such clarification is requested for when the answer scripts are made available to them. This, shall not apply for final examinations.
- There shall be one mid-semester examination to be conducted by the teacher offering the course after 50% of the working days are over in a semester. The duration for midsemester examination shall be for one and half hours.
- The marks allotted for mid-semester and semester final theory examinations shall be 50 and 100, respectively. ordinarily no condonation for absence of mid-semester examination shall be given. However, if a student is genuinely prevented from takang examination as in the case of serious illness or accident or any other case, a special reexamination may be arranged by the concerned teacher in consultation with the Head of the department. This repeat examination shall be held within two weeks from the date of examinations so missed, and shall be a common examination for all such students.
- Unless a student appears for the mid-semester examination he/she shall not be permitted to appear for the semester final theory and practical examinations in the course concerned.
- The regular mid-semester examination and the special re-examination shall be conducted as per the time to be fixed by the Associate Dean.
Semester final examinations
- The semester final examinations shall be held at the end of each semester in each course. The semester final examination in the theory portion shall be of two and half hours duration. lt shall be the responsibility of the university to conduct the theory portion of semester final examination.
- Practical examinations shall be conducted by the respective colleges. ln affiliated colleges, the final practical examination shall be conducted and evaluated by the - nominated teacher from University college.
Fee to be paid by each candidate at the time of admission for first semester)
B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture /
B.Tech.(Food Technology) /
B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science
Other Special Fee
Hostel Establishment Charges
Hostel Room Rent
Seat cancellation fee
2,600 (1,300 for SC/ST/PH)
There shall be a marginal increase of 10% in the fee structure every year as approved by the Academic council of the University from time to time.
Hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls on first come first basis at each campus
Candidates seeking admission into any of the following Master's Degree courses must have passed the relevant Bachelor's Degree examination specified against each course from the Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University or from any State Agricultural University (SAU) or Central Agricultural University (CAU).
Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Entomology, Agricultural Extension,
Genetics & Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Crop Physiology, Soil Science, Seed Science & Technology, Agricultural Statistics, Agricultural Microbiology, Agronomy (Water Management), Agricultural Meteorology.
B.Sc.(Ag.) / B.Sc. (CA&BM) of 4 years duration
M.Sc. (Ag.) Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
B.Sc. Agriculture / Horticulture / Sericulture / Forestry/
B.Sc. (CA&BM)of 4 years duration
M.Sc. (Ag.) Environmental Sciences
B.Tech.(Ag.Engg.) / B.V.Sc. / or B.Sc.(Home Sci.) or B.Tech Environmental Science & Technology / Environmental Studies or B.Sc.(Ag.) / Hort. / Sericulture / Forestry /B.Sc. (CA&BM)or B.F.Sc. of 4 years duration
M.Sc.( Home Sci.) (for Women only)
Foods & Nutrition, Human Development & Family Studies, Family Resource Management,
Home Science Extension and Communication Management.
B.Sc.(Community Science) / B.Sc. (Home Science)/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Home Science of 4 years duration
MBA (Agribusiness Management)
B.Sc. (Ag. ) / Hort. / B.Tech. (Ag.Engg.) or B.V.Sc. & AH / B.F.Sc. / B.H.Sc / B.Tech (Dairying) / B.Tech (Food Technology) / B.Sc. (Food Science & Technology) / B.Sc.(CA&BM) of 4 years duration.
M.Tech (Agril. Engineering)
Soil & Water Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering,
B. Tech (Ag. Engg.)of4 years duration
M.Tech. (Food Technology)
Food Processing Technology
B. Tech (Food Technology) of 4 years duration.
In the above qualifying examination, the candidates must have secured minimum OGPA of 5.50 / 10.00 (SC/ ST- 5.00/10.00) or 2.50 / 4.00 (SC / ST-2.00 / 4.00) or 50% marks in traditional system (SC / ST- 40%)
- (b) Age: The upper age limit is 40 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- (a) Reservations for Local & Non-Local candidates: Reservation of seats for candidates in favour local/non-local candidates shall be as per rules mentioned in Appendix.
(b)Reservation for S.C., S.T., and B.C. candidates: 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats in each course of study in each faculty shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to SCs, STs and BCs respectively.
(c) 3% seats in each course are reserved for differently abled candidates as per the Govt. norms.
Note: As it is not possible to represent all social groups/local areas in a single major field in courses with more than one major field, candidates belonging to different social groups shall be distributed in different major fields of study available in such courses. Reservation for Muslim candidates shall be as per the norms of the AP State Govt.
- NRI / Industry Quota: In M.B.A. (Agribusiness Management) course 10% (2 Seats) are reserved for NRIs / Industry Sponsored Candidates. 5% of the seats shall be provided to NRIs / and 5% to Industry sponsored candidates. If candidates of one category are not available they shall be allotted to the other category.
NRIs should have studied relevant bachelor degree programme prescribed against the course abroad.
For Industry Quota the candidates should possess the qualifications prescribed above and also two years relevant experience in Agribusiness Sector. They should be sponsored by the Industry / Organization. The candidates under NRI / Industry quota need not appear for entrance test. They shall be selected based on merit.
- Criteria for Selection:
M.Sc. (Ag.) / M.Sc. (Home Science) / M.Tech (Ag. Engg.)/M.Tech.(Food Tech.): The selection shall be based on the previous academic record at Under Graduate level and performance in entrance test and the weightage would be in the ratio of 30:70. The entrance test shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the concerned Bachelor degree requirements of this University.
M.B.A (Agribusiness Management): The selection shall be based on the performance in an written test, group discussion & interview. The written test is designed to evaluate Quantitative Aptitude, Numerical Ability and Test of Reasoning, General English / Language Skills, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Note: Only women candidates are eligible for M.Sc. (Home Science) course.
The candidates should appear for the above entrance tests / group discussion / interview as the case may be at their own expense. The entrance tests shall be of 2 hours duration with objective type questions in English and answers must be written in English. The qualifying marks in entrance test shall be 50% which is relaxable for SC/ST candidates to the extent of seats reserved for them.
Weightage as indicated below will be given subject to a maximum of 5 marks on production of certificates for achievements in NCC/NSS/Sports/Games/Cultural/Literary activities at B.Sc. level:
International level - 3 marks, Inter State Level - 2 marks, Inter University Level - 1 mark
Note: In case of a tie, marks in entrance test shall be considered for tie breaking. For further tie breaking date of birth shall be considered and older candidate shall be preferred.
The admission shall be on the basis of counselling. The merit list of eligible candidates and counselling date shall be displayed on the university notice board, and also be placed on the website and the eligible candidates shall be informed by post for the counselling date. The counselling will be held at the Meeting Hall, Advanced Post-Graduate Centre, Lam, Guntur on the specified date. The selected candidates shall submit the necessary certificates (in original) pay the prescribed fee and secure the admission at the allotted colleges. Failure to do so entails forfeiture of claim for seat. The date of registration will be announced on the counselling day.
The intake of students under various graduate courses in ANGRAU
Bapatla /Tirupati / Naira / Mahanandi
Bapatla / Tirupati
Bapatla / Tirupati / Naira
Genetics & Plant Breeding
Bapatla /Tirupati / Mahanandi
Bapatla /Tirupati / Naira / Mahanandi
Seed Science & Technology
Agronomy (Water Management)
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
MBA (Agribusiness Management)
M.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
1. Soil & Water Engineering
College of Agricultural Engineering, Bapatla
2.Processing & Food Engineering
3. Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
M.Sc. (Home Science)
1. Foods & Nutrition
2. Human Development & Family studies
3. Family Resources Management
4. Home Science Extension and Communication Management
Selection of candidates for admission to Ph.D. courses shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The candidates should appear for entrance test and interview at specified places at Bapatla, Guntur (District) at their own expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master of Science or an equivalent examination in Agriculture or Home Science/ (or) Agricultural Engineering, as the case may be, in the concerned field of specialisation atleast with 50% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 3.25 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 7.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system. In the case of SC and ST candidates, a pass in the Degree of Master of Science in Agriculture or Home Science as the case may be under traditional system or OGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or 7.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient. The Basic Degree i.e., B.Sc.(Ag.)/ B.Sc.(Home Science)/ B.H.Sc.(Rural) / B.Tech.(Ag. Engg. & Tech.) of 4 years duration
- Candidates belonging to Andhra Pradesh are admitted to Master's degree programmes based on their performance in an Entrance Examination conducted separately for Agriculture, Home Science and their previous academic record. Based on their performance in the entrance examination, candidates are allotted to different disciplines within a faculty.
- Twenty five percent (25%) of the seats in Mastersdegree courses are reserved for candidates belonging to other states. The selection of these candidates is based on the All India Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), New Delhi, Notification may be issued around March and examination conducted in May - June every year.
Post-Graduate courses leading to Masters Degree are offered in 15 disciplines in Agriculture and 4 in Home Science and 4 in Agricultural Engineering. Doctoral Degree programmes are available in
10 disciplines in Agriculture, 2 disciplines in Home Science and 3 in Agricultural Engineering.
In addition, inter-faculty Master degree programmes are being offered in MBA(Agribusiness Management), Consequent to the establishment of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University at Tirupati in 2005 the teaching, research and extension programmes pertaining to Veterinary Science, Dairying and Fishery Science have been transferred to the new University.
The intake for different PG / Ph.D. courses are as follows:
M. Sc. (Ag) - 15 Disciplines
M. Sc. (Home Sci.) - 4 Disciplines
M.Tech.(Agril. Engg.) - 4 Disciplines
M.Tech.(Food Technology) - 1 Discipline
Ph. D. Agriculture - 10 Disciplines
Ph. D. Home Science - 2 Disciplines
Ph.D. (Agril. Engg. & Tech.) - 3 Disciplines
Inter Faculty Courses
Regulations Under Construction
The following fee are payable by the candidates selected for admission into
M.Sc. & Ph.D. level Courses admitted during the Academic Year 2018-19 and also to all earlier admitted batch students.
Admission Fee (at the time of admission)
Identity Card (at the time of admission)
Registration Fee (per semester)
Tuition Fee (per semester) All P.G. & Ph.D. Courses
Library Fee (per semester)
Laboratory Fee (per semester)
Medical Fee (per semester)
Inter College / Inter University Sports, Games & Cultural meet fee
Seat Cancellation Fee (including ICAR) – for General
-for SC / ST / PH
Academic Regulation & Course Catalogue
(at the time of admission)
NON - UNIVERSITY FEE
Hostel Room Rent (per semester / per head)
Sports & Games Fee (per semester)
Hostel Establishment Charges (per head / per month)
Examination fee including stationary (per semester)
College Magazine and student activities
Student Health Care Scheme (per annum)
Student Welfare Fund (only at the time of admission)
Alumni Fund (in the final semester of study)
OTHER FEE (REFUNDABLE):
Library Deposit at the time of Admission (Refundable)
Laboratory Deposit at the time of Admission(Refundable)
Hostel Deposit at the time of Admission
Mess Deposit at the time of Admission
OTHER CERTIFICATE FEE
Thesis Evaluation Fee for P.G. Students
(in the final semester of study)
Thesis Evaluation Fee for Ph.D. Students
(in the final semester of study)
Transcript of Academic Record - cum – Provisional
Degree Certificate ( TARPC)
Note: Other fee for the remaining certificates etc. Shall be common for both UG, PG & Ph.D. Courses (Annexure-II).
The selected candidates has to pay the entire fee (Approximately Rs.29,000/-) at the time admission on the day of counselling itself.
Duration ( Years)
Minimum qualifications required for admission
Diploma in Agriculture
S.S.C ( 10th Class)
Agricultural Engineering & Technology
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
S.S.C ( 10th Class)
(Organic Farming )
Diploma in Agriculture (Organic Farming)
S.S.C ( 10th Class)
Diploma in Agriculture
( Seed Technology)
S.S.C ( 10th Class)